Kalinchok is a former village development committee that is now a Rural Municipality in Dolakha District in Province No. 3of north-eastern Nepal. Kalinchowk trek is famous for Kalinchowk Bhagwati Temple which is located on the top of hill at the altitude of 3842m. This temple belongs to goddess Bhagwati famous for the fulfillment of pilgrims pray & desire. Besides the pilgrimage, it offers a stunning view of Mt Gaurishankar, Jugal, and Annapurna & Everest. Another impressing factor of this trek is we can see many different people from different culture & caste living with harmony and multi-culture like Sherpa, Tamang & Brahmin, Chhetris can be seen during the journey. Rhododendron forest, birds & animals found in this region is another highlight. This region is located in Gaurishankar conservation area where two famous river Sunkoshi & Tamakoshi originates which later reaches river Koshi one of the largest rivers in Nepal. Taking a few hours hike from Kuri 3200 m Kalinchowk Bhagwati temple can be reached which is located at the top of a hill.
- Six hours scenic drive to Charikot
- Multi-culture exploration
- Gaurishankar conservation area
- Spectacular Himalayan view
- View of Mt Annapurna, Ganesh, Jugal, Everest and more
- Kalinchowk trek commences from Kathmandu taking six hours of drive that goes to Charikot 1550m the district headquarter of Dolkha district. We stay the first night at Charikot exploring the local people, life, culture, custom, tradition, and way of living. The next day early in the morning after having breakfast our trek starts. We will walk around five hours to reach Kuri 3200 m to stay overnight. The walk from Charikot is very impressive with stunning Himalayan views, smiling local People, Temple -Monastery and beautifully terraced field. Next day early morning 1.5 hrs hike will lead us to Kalinchowk Bhagwati temple on the top of the hill from where the panoramic Himalayan view can be seen including Mt Everest, Annapurna, Jugal & Ganesh Himal. Another amazing fact about this place is on a clear night Kathmandu can be seen illuminating with lights. After visiting the temple and exploring the spot we go back down to Kuri and take some rest & refreshment. After having rest & refreshment we go Charikot again taking a short four-wheel drive where we stay overnight and the next following day we go back to Kathmandu.